Turkey Hash Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What a great way to use leftover turkey and mashed potatoes with just a few other things you're bound to have on hand! Why, they'll probably beg you to make turkey just to get at these!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 4 cups finely chopped cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup vegetable oil for sauteeing, as needed
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except oil; mix well. Form mixture into pancakes.
- Heat enough oil over medium-high heat to coat a large skillet; saute pancakes on each side, adding additional oil as needed, until pancakes are golden brown, then drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
- Leftover mashed potatoes will work well, but if you don't have any, instant mashed potatoes are fine, too. You can also use store-bought cooked boneless turkey parts -- whatever's easiest!
- Serve with a homemade cranberry mayonnaise, which we make by combining 1 cup mayonnaise with 1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.