Turkey Hash Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What a great way to use leftover turkey and mashed potatoes with just a few other things you're bound to have on hand! Why, they'll probably beg you to make turkey just to get at these!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 4 cups finely chopped cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup vegetable oil for sauteeing, as needed
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except oil; mix well. Form mixture into pancakes.
- Heat enough oil over medium-high heat to coat a large skillet; saute pancakes on each side, adding additional oil as needed, until pancakes are golden brown, then drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
- Leftover mashed potatoes will work well, but if you don't have any, instant mashed potatoes are fine, too. You can also use store-bought cooked boneless turkey parts -- whatever's easiest!
- Serve with a homemade cranberry mayonnaise, which we make by combining 1 cup mayonnaise with 1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.