Turkey Hash Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What a great way to use leftover turkey and mashed potatoes with just a few other things you're bound to have on hand! Why, they'll probably beg you to make turkey just to get at these!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 4 cups finely chopped cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup vegetable oil for sauteeing, as needed
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except oil; mix well. Form mixture into pancakes.
- Heat enough oil over medium-high heat to coat a large skillet; saute pancakes on each side, adding additional oil as needed, until pancakes are golden brown, then drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
- Leftover mashed potatoes will work well, but if you don't have any, instant mashed potatoes are fine, too. You can also use store-bought cooked boneless turkey parts -- whatever's easiest!
- Serve with a homemade cranberry mayonnaise, which we make by combining 1 cup mayonnaise with 1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We love it when a recipe is so light and creamy it literally just melts in your mouth. This delicious peanut butter fudge recipe does just that! Seriously, they say everything in moderation, but this sweet treat isn't going to make it easy.