The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Stuffed Cornish Hens
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
You want simple and elegant? This is the meal for you! Our Stuffed Cornish Hens only look like you've spent hours in the kitchen!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups five-minute stuffing mix
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 Cornish hens (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine stuffing mix with hot water until moistened. Place half of stuffing mixture in each Cornish hen. Rub salt and pepper evenly over hens.
- In a 6-quart pressure cooker over medium-high heat, heat oil; brown the hens, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes, turning several times to brown on all sides.
- Remove hens from pressure cooker and add water and carrots. Return hens to the cooker and sprinkle with onion powder. Lock the lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When the pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce the heat to medium and cook 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow pressure to drop slowly until steam no longer escapes from the vent and the pressure is completely reduced. Remove the lid and serve each hen whole or cut in half.
If the Cornish hens are frozen, make sure to thaw completely before stuffing.