Stuffed Love Birds
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cornish hens are a great alternative to turkey, especially when cooking for two! There's no doubt that you and your sweetie will fall head over heels for our Stuffed Love Birds -- trust us, we're experts.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups apricot nectar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups one-step stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 (1-pound) Cornish hens
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray.
In a medium saucepan, combine 3/4 cups nectar and the butter and bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in stuffing mix and almonds, cover, and allow to sit 5 minutes; set aside.
Prepare the hens by removing and discarding the insides and rinsing them inside and out with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Stuff each hen with stuffing mixture, dividing evenly. (There may be some leftover stuffing, depending upon the size of your hens.)
In a small bowl, combine the poultry seasoning, salt, and oil and completely rub each hen with the mixture. Place remaining nectar in the bottom of prepared pan and add hens.
- Roast 30 minutes, then baste with nectar and continue roasting an additional 30 minutes, or until juices run clear and skin is golden brown. Serve with pan drippings.
Make sure that you roast the hens right after stuffing them.
- And to make any dessert romantic, follow our easy tips for making a ring of hearts!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.