We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Turkey with a Mexican twist might sound far out but when you try this recipe you'll see just how great it is! This Turkey Picante is a winner!
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 (1-1/4-ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix, divided
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 turkey cutlets (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16-ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup water
- Hot Mexican rice (store-bought)
What to Do
- Combine 1 cup cheese, 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix, the cornmeal, egg, and milk. Rub or press cornmeal mixture onto both sides of cutlets. (The cornmeal mixture will be thick like a paste.)
- Cook 3 turkey cutlets in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining cutlets and oil. Remove from skillet.
- Combine remaining 1 cup cheese, remaining taco seasoning mix, the picante sauce, chopped cilantro, and 1 cup water in skillet. Place turkey over sauce mixture; cover and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve turkey over Mexican rice, and spoon remaining sauce over turkey. Garnish, if desired, with fresh cilantro sprigs.