Slow 'n' Easy Osso Bucco
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know that this Italian dish is traditionally served with risotto? Well, we like the convenience and taste of instant polenta. Taste it and you'll see what we're talking about.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 (1-ounce) package herb gravy mix for beef
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (1-1/2-inch-thick) veal shanks (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, basil, and oil
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can beef consommé
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups cooked polenta
What to Do
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery and next 3 ingredients; sautè 3 minutes or until tender. Transfer vegetables to a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Combine flour, gravy mix, and pepper in a large shallow dish. Sprinkle veal shanks with salt; dredge veal shanks in flour mixture.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet. Add veal shanks; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Place shanks on top of vegetables in slow cooker. Add tomatoes and next 3 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 9 hours or until tender. Serve veal with sauce over polenta.
You can find the polenta either with the grains or with the rice and pasta at your local supermarket. It's ooh so easy ?and good!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a fan of chicken and waffles then we've got a stress-free way to make dinner that uses your favorite frozen breaded chicken tenders from the freezer aisle! This recipe is also versatile because you can make it in the oven, or in an air fryer! Everyone will love our Bacon 'n' Fried Chicken Wafflewich as a hearty twist on a classic favorite!