Pistachio Banana Wedges
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Now, here's a dessert you don't see every day! Make delightful Pistachio Banana Wedges as a quick snack or an elegant, no-fuss dessert for company.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pistachio nuts, divided
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater, cream together the granulated sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat thoroughly.
- Gradually blend in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat in the mashed bananas and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of the chopped pistachios. Spread the mixture into the pie plate.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Spread evenly over the top. Drizzle with the melted chocolate and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup pistachios.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 339
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 6.0g 30 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.7g 13 %
- Cholesterol 39mg 13 %
- Sodium 262mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 11 %
- Sugars 21g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've been to a church picnic or, really, just about any kind of family get-together in the South, then you're probably familiar with pimiento cheese spread. It's a staple there! We thought we'd give these deviled eggs a Southern twist by stuffing them with a pimiento cheese mixture, and boy, did they turn out good! These Pimiento Cheese Deviled Eggs will be a hit with your family this Easter.