We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Italians perfected the preparation of veal and this is one of their perfect veal dishes. I guess that's why Veal Marsala is considered a classic.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound veal cutlets, pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup sweet Marsala wine
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Coat the veal in the flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and sauté the garlic and the veal for 4 to 5 minutes, until the veal is browned, turning halfway through the cooking. Remove the veal to a platter; set aside.
- Add the mushrooms, butter, and parsley to the skillet and continue cooking until the mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the wine, then return the veal to the skillet and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens and the veal is warmed through, turning halfway through the cooking. Serve immediately.
No fresh mushrooms? It's okay to use canned or even leave them out completely.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 453
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 30g 45 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 57 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 23g 45 %
- Cholesterol 96mg 32 %
- Sodium 717mg 30 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 1.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.