French Fried Pepper Rings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Take a break from French fries and onion rings and fry up some bell pepper rings today. Youll love the crunchy change of pace!
What You'll Need
- 4 green or red bell peppers (or a combination of both)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus extra for sprinkling
What to Do
- Slice tops off peppers and remove seeds; cut each pepper into 1/4-inch rings. Place 1 inch oil in a soup pot and heat over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat milk, flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt until smooth.
- Reduce heat to medium. Dip a few pepper rings into batter, allowing excess batter to drip back into bowl. Carefully place rings in oil one at a time; fry 2 to 3 minutes or until golden, turning halfway through cooking. Drain on paper towels. Repeat until all pepper rings are fried, adding more oil as needed.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately, or keep warm in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.
Need more ideas for all those fresh peppers you have on hand? Check out our recipe for Orzo Stuffed Peppers!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 199
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 1.3g 6 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 7.3g 15 %
- Cholesterol 7.3mg 2 %
- Sodium 521mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 38g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.9g 12 %
- Sugars 7.6g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. No, honestly, pop one of these Cranberry Shortbread Drops into your mouth and experience everything a buttery shortbread cookie should be, with the added bonus of creamy white chocolate pieces and flavorful dried cranberries. Yum!