Diner Style Salisbury Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
Isn't it about time to take a trip down memory lane? Let's stay home and revisit the old diner that served up the Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes smothered with mushroom gravy. Oh - we can't forget the green peas on the side!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 (12-ounce) container beef gravy
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
What To Do:
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, scallions, bread crumbs, egg, and mustard; mix well. Shape into four 1/2 inch-thick oval patties.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat and cook patties 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until no pink remains.
- Add gravy, water, horseradish, and mushrooms and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
Each serving makes a hearty meal, so you can certainly make smaller portions - just form the mixture into six or eight smaller patties.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
BBQ sauce and smoked paprika are the key ingredients to making this chili recipe taste extra-smokin' good. Not only is our Smokin' BBQ Chili recipe flavor-packed and delicious, but it's made in just one pot, so it's extra-easy to clean up, too!