Diner Style Salisbury Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
Isn't it about time to take a trip down memory lane? Let's stay home and revisit the old diner that served up the Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes smothered with mushroom gravy. Oh - we can't forget the green peas on the side!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 (12-ounce) container beef gravy
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
What To Do:
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, scallions, bread crumbs, egg, and mustard; mix well. Shape into four 1/2 inch-thick oval patties.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat and cook patties 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until no pink remains.
- Add gravy, water, horseradish, and mushrooms and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
Each serving makes a hearty meal, so you can certainly make smaller portions - just form the mixture into six or eight smaller patties.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!