Make Ahead Fajitas
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
What You'll Need:
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
2 large onions, cut into 8 wedges each
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
1 pound flank steak, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons dry fajita seasoning
10 (7-inch) flour tortillas
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup (1/2 pint) sour cream
1 cup salsa
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add onions and peppers and saute 10 to 12 minutes, or until onions are lightly browned; place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet and add flank steak. Add fajita seasoning and saute 3 to 4 minutes. Return vegetables to skillet and cook 3 to 4 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place 1/3 cup of the mixture into each tortilla and roll up; place seam-side down in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through. Serve fajitas with sour cream and salsa.
- You can make these fajitas ahead of time. Just cover and refrigerate them after filling and rolling, then bake 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. before serving.
12 03 14