Make Ahead Fajitas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love fajitas but you hate all the prep work that goes into making them, then you're going to enjoy our all-in-one shortcut that'll allow you to have ready-to-go fajitas whenever you want!
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 large onions, cut into 8 wedges each
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons dry fajita seasoning
- 10 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add onions and peppers and saute 10 to 12 minutes, or until onions are lightly browned; place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet and add flank steak. Add fajita seasoning and saute 3 to 4 minutes. Return vegetables to skillet and cook 3 to 4 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place 1/3 cup of the mixture into each tortilla and roll up; place seam-side down in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through. Serve fajitas with sour cream and salsa.
- You can make these fajitas ahead of time. Just cover and refrigerate them after filling and rolling, then bake 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. before serving.
Check this out!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One way to get the whole family rushin' to the dinner table is to serve up plates of these cheesy-stuffed meatballs and saucy pasta. Our recipes for Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti even features a special ingredient that adds a little extra dose of good-for-ya too!