Make Ahead Fajitas
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
What You'll Need:
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
2 large onions, cut into 8 wedges each
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
1 pound flank steak, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons dry fajita seasoning
10 (7-inch) flour tortillas
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup (1/2 pint) sour cream
1 cup salsa
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add onions and peppers and saute 10 to 12 minutes, or until onions are lightly browned; place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet and add flank steak. Add fajita seasoning and saute 3 to 4 minutes. Return vegetables to skillet and cook 3 to 4 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place 1/3 cup of the mixture into each tortilla and roll up; place seam-side down in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through. Serve fajitas with sour cream and salsa.
- You can make these fajitas ahead of time. Just cover and refrigerate them after filling and rolling, then bake 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. before serving.
- Wanna make your own fresh salsa? Well, we think you'll just love our recipe for Corn 'n' Black Bean Salsa!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
08 25 14