Pot Roast Cacciatore
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our twist on traditional cacciatore makes pot roast the star of your recipe. Pot Roast Cacciatore has a saucy flavor combo that's sure to tempt your family to ask for seconds.
What You'll Need:
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 small onions, quartered with segments separated
- 1 (3-1/2-pound) bottom round roast
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Place bell pepper strips and onions in a 6-quart slow cooker. Place roast over vegetables. Place mushrooms over roast then pour spaghetti sauce and water over top.
- Add garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir gently, cover, and cook on low setting for 8 hours, or until meat is fork-tender.
If you're a fan of this recipe, check out How to Cook with Your Slow Cooker, Plus 11 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pot roast recipe was shared with us by a grandma who loves ballroom dancing! Whenever she made this comforting meal for dinner, the whole family would rush to the table. Plus, Grandma Lois' Pot Roast is made in one pot, so you know it's going to be easy. That leaves a lot more time for dancing!