Wintry Baked Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No matter the season, our Wintry Baked Beef Stew is a one-dish meal that delivers comfort. The secret ingredient to this stew's creamy, rich sauce is none other than quick-cooking tapioca.
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish or 2-quart roaster with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine beef, carrots, potatoes, and onion. In a medium bowl, combine tomato juice, water, tapioca, sugar, salt, and pepper; mix well. Pour tomato mixture over beef mixture; mix well then pour into prepared baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
Bake 2 to 2-1/4 hours, or until beef is tender.
Our Country Sweet Potato Muffins are a perfect partner for this warming Wintry Baked Beef Stew!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Our Favorite Meat Loaf
- Old-Fashioned Meatloaf
- Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef
- Slow 'n' Easy Sauerbraten
- All American Skillet Goulash
- Stylish Beef Stroganoff
- Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage Recipe
- Country Meat Loaf & Potato Casserole
- Meatballs and Sunday Sauce
- Easy Beef Wellington