Overnight Coffee Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 8 Hr 30 Min
It's the brown sugar and cinnamon that makes our Overnight Coffee Cake melt in your mouth. We can bet everyone will think you bought it from a fancy bakery -- but your secret is safe with us.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for baking dish
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
What To Do:
Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray, then sprinkle with flour. (See Note)
In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, the baking powder, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, the butter, milk, and eggs. Beat until well combined; pour into prepared baking dish, then cover and chill at least 8 hours, or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine remaining brown sugar and cinnamon with the pecans. Sprinkle over chilled batter.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut and serve warm.
This recipe could be baked right away, but we tested it for refrigerating overnight so you could have a fresh, warm coffee cake in the morning without all the hassle of preparation.
Some people prefer to prepare the pan with only cooking spray. If it's your preference to flour to pan as well, go right ahead!
- Since this cake is so special, you may just want to whip up a batch of Viennese Coffee to serve with it!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Cold Fudge Cake
- Apple Pie Dump Cake
- Autumn Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 17 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- 33 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Delight
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- Mary Todd Lincoln's Presidential Cake
- Peach Upside-Down Cake