Best Christmas Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 8 Hr 10 Min
This recipe was handed down to Mary Jane, from New Holstein, Wisconsin from her mother who originally received it from an elderly neighbor over 100 years ago!
What You'll Need:
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sour milk (see Note)
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. On a lightly floured work surface, use a rolling pin to roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out cookies and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden around edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make sour milk, stir together 1 cup milk with either 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice. Let mixture sit 10 to 15 minutes. The milk should begin to curdle slightly. You now have sour milk for your baking needs!
Once cool, decorate with your favorite icing.
- For more great Christmas cookie recipes, be sure to check out our collection of 12 Days of Christmas Cookies II: More Festive Christmas Cookie Recipes You'll Love.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.
- Homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Pinwheels
- Chocolate-Dipped Almond Cookies
- Grandma's Spice Cookies
- Triangle Hat Cookies
- Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes
- Grandma's Dressed Up Molasses Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Walnut Wedges
- How to Make Cake Cookies: 16 Recipes for Cake Mix Cookies
- Long Stemmed Chocolate Chip Flower Cookies