Pork Egg Foo Yung
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't let the name scare you! Egg foo yung is simply a cousin to an omelet, frittata or crepe. And this tasty pork version makes a super anytime change-of-pace main course.
What You'll Need:
- 8 eggs
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh bean sprouts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 pound thick-sliced deli roast pork, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 (10 ½-ounce) can chicken gravy
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the mushrooms, bean sprouts, pork, scallions, salt, and pepper; mix well and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Spoon three 1/4-cup measures of the egg mixture into the skillet to form pancakes and cook for about 1 minute per side, or until golden. Remove to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Repeat until all the egg mixture has been cooked, adding more oil to the skillet as needed.
- Combine the gravy, soy sauce, and ginger in the skillet over medium heat; mix well for 1 minute, or until heated through. Serve the pancakes topped with the gravy.
Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've ever been to a Southern buffet or a church dinner, then you've probably already experienced the deliciousness of fluff. Fruity, fluffy, creamy, and just a bit crunchy, our Potluck Pistachio Fluff is one dish that doesn't stick around for long. That's 'cause folks will gobble it up so fast, you'll think it disappeared!
- 21 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
- Melt in Your Mouth Pork Chops
- Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
- Our Best Pork Recipes: 35 Easy Recipes for Pork Chops, Pork Roasts, and More
- Garlic Parmesan Pork Chops
- Cheesy Baked Pork Chops
- 15-Minute Glazed Pork Chops
- Country Pork Chops
- Backwoods Pork Chops with River Gravy
- All-In-One Pork Chop Dinner