Olympic Onion Rings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Inspired by the rings of the Olympic Flag, our Olympic Onion Rings are super crispy and delicious, and you won't believe how fast they disappear. They're the perfect snack to munch on while cheering for your country in the Olympics!
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices and separated into rings
What To Do:
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Whisk in buttermilk and egg. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dip onion rings into batter, then into bread crumbs, until evenly coated on all sides.
- Place coated onion rings in hot oil and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once. Remove to a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with remaining onion slices. Serve immediately.
If desired, sprinkle with salt before serving.
- Serve these with your favorite dipping sauce. Here's our yummy recipe for Ranch Dressing!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In keeping up with Mardi Gras tradition we came up with this recipe for Mardi Gras King Cake that's so good it's guaranteed to keep the party going and going and going. Our king cake recipe features classic cinnamon flavor and a sugary glaze in traditional colors!