Fresh Tomato Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fresh Tomato Dip is yet another way to use those fresh-from-the-vine tomatoes. Mmm!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 (12-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ripe tomato, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 celery stalk, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce or to taste
What to Do
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
- Remove dip to a serving bowl; cover and chill.
Makes about 2 cups dip.
Serve with your favorite veggies, crackers, or crunchies. This makes a good base for other dips, too. For a Spanish flavor add chopped olives, for French add tarragon, for Italian add basil, and for Tex-Mex add chili powder. If you use less cream cheese it can be a super fresh tomato salad dressing.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How many times have you wondered what to do with all the zucchini you have on hand? Well, here's a chocolate-y answer to that question! Yes, chocolate. Don't laugh until you've got some of this heavenly Chocolate Zucchini Bread in your mouth.