Fresh Tomato Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fresh Tomato Dip is yet another way to use those fresh-from-the-vine tomatoes. Mmm!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 (12-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ripe tomato, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 celery stalk, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce or to taste
What to Do
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
- Remove dip to a serving bowl; cover and chill.
Makes about 2 cups dip.
Serve with your favorite veggies, crackers, or crunchies. This makes a good base for other dips, too. For a Spanish flavor add chopped olives, for French add tarragon, for Italian add basil, and for Tex-Mex add chili powder. If you use less cream cheese it can be a super fresh tomato salad dressing.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We put a tasty twist on one of our favorite summertime beverages to come up with this recipe for Fresh Watermelon Lemonade. It's made with one of summer's most popular fruits and delivers a whole lot of refreshing yumminess with every sip.