Sweet and Sour Meatballs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If the gang is used to you serving plain cocktail meatballs on game day, you better make extra this time, 'cause they're likely to eat a bunch more of these Sweet and Sour Meatballs...even before the game officially begins!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) jar cocktail sauce
- 3/4 cup grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, water, bread crumbs, salt, onion powder, and pepper; mix well. Form into 1-inch meatballs and set aside.
- In a soup pot, mix together cocktail sauce, jelly, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over high heat, then add meatballs. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 to 35 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- This recipe is best prepared the day before serving. Cover and refrigerate overnight then skim the fat off the top and heat to serve.
- Meatballs every which way -- check out our meatball collection!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take the stress out of dinnertime by preparing our easy Weeknight Pesto Chicken! This simple chicken dinner recipe is made with some pretty basic ingredients, but packs in a whole lot of flavor. The best part is that it looks like something that took hours to make (We won't tell if you don't!).