Goat Cheese and Herb Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll think you're dreaming when you bite into the combination of sausage, goat cheese, and mushrooms that make this recipe so scrumptious... it sounds too good to be true! These Goat Cheese and Herb Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are so simple and delicious.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound hot ground pork sausage
- 2 teaspoons prepared minced garlic
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms (about 22)
What To Do:
- Cook sausage and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until the sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain sausage mixture, and return to skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium; add cheese and Italian seasoning to sausage mixture, stirring until cheese melts. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Clean mushrooms with damp paper towels. Remove stems, and reserve for another use.
- Spoon sausage mixture evenly into mushroom caps. Place stuffed mushrooms in a single layer in a 6-quart oval slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW setting 2 hours or until mushrooms are tender.
Makes 22 appetizers.
- You'll want to get out the big oval-shaped cooker for this recipe so these savory stuffed mushrooms will cook in a single layer. They're a cinch to put together for a party.
- If you'd like to check out more great appetizer recipes like these sausage-stuffed mushrooms, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Our Best Appetizer Recipes: 32 Easy Party Appetizers for Any Occasion.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The creamy chicken filling isn't the only thing that "bubbles up" in this Easy Chicken Bubble Bake. When you set it to bake with the biscuits on top, you'll find that the whole casserole "rises" to the occasion. What's the occasion? A fantastic evening dinner!