We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 24 large or 72 small
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 5 Min
Win over party guests or even your family with these homemade, melt-in-your-mouth Potato Puffs. The warm, golden crust contrasts with the creamy potato filling to ensure that you'll never want store-bought again!
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a soup pot and add just enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain off water, mash the potatoes, and allow to cool.
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in olive oil over medium heat until tender. Add sauteed onion, the cracker crumbs, salt, and pepper to mashed potatoes; mash mixture.
- With your hands, roll mixture into balls and place potato balls on prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg yolk and bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden and crusty.
- Don't forget to check out our free eCookbook, Our Best Appetizer Recipes: 32 Easy Party Appetizers for Any Occasion.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.