We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 24 large or 72 small
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 5 Min
Win over party guests or even your family with these homemade, melt-in-your-mouth Potato Puffs. The warm, golden crust contrasts with the creamy potato filling to ensure that you'll never want store-bought again!
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a soup pot and add just enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain off water, mash the potatoes, and allow to cool.
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in olive oil over medium heat until tender. Add sauteed onion, the cracker crumbs, salt, and pepper to mashed potatoes; mash mixture.
- With your hands, roll mixture into balls and place potato balls on prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg yolk and bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden and crusty.
- Don't forget to check out our free eCookbook, Our Best Appetizer Recipes: 32 Easy Party Appetizers for Any Occasion.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!