All-American Kitchen Sink
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 to 10 appetizer-size servings
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Our All-American Kitchen Sink is a world of melty, crunchy, and hearty goodness. It's a crispy bread boat filled with well, "everything but the kitchen sink." It's perfect for feeding a whole gang!
What You'll Need
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1/3 cup mustard
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced ham
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups coleslaw
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise. Remove excess bread from the center of each half, leaving a boat shape with a 1/2-inch-thick shell. Place on a baking sheet and toast about 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mustard and brown sugar, stirring until sugar Is dissolved.
- Spread mustard mixture evenly over toasted bread shells. Top one bread shell with ham, turkey, tomatoes, coleslaw, onion, pineapple, and Cheddar cheese, then cover with other bread shell. Wrap in foil.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cut into 1-inch slices and serve.
While you're serving up the "kitchen sink," make up a bowl of our Kitchen Sink Macaroni Salad to serve along with it!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 339
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 6.5g 32 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 13g 27 %
- Cholesterol 30mg 10 %
- Sodium 649mg 27 %
- Total Carbohydrates 45g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Freshly squeezed orange juice helps turn these Double-Orange Glazed Cookies into a tasty, sunny treat that they won't be able to stop snackin' on. Bake these "doubly-orangey-good" cookies when you're looking for a sunshine-y way to brighten up your gang!