Middle Eastern Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Homemade hummus has got to be the best thing since sliced pita bread! Packed with garlic and chick peas, our Middle Eastern Dip has got all the flavors of hummus with none of the hassle.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste, available in most supermarkets)
- 2 cans (15 to19 ounces each) garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and 1/3 cup of liquid reserved
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (Juice of 2 to 3 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
What to Do
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth and creamy and no lumps remain, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Serve with pita bread triangles. If your pitas are a bit dry, try brushing them with a bit of olive oil and heating them in a warm oven for 5 minutes just before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These aren't just your run-of-the-mill doughnuts. Our Old-Fashioned Potato Donuts are unexpectedly addictive! They're made with a delicious combo of mashed potatoes, buttermilk, and other tasty ingredients. They have a dense, cake-like texture to them that makes them extra-yummy. Once you try these easy potato donuts, there's no looking back!