Middle Eastern Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Homemade hummus has got to be the best thing since sliced pita bread! Packed with garlic and chick peas, our Middle Eastern Dip has got all the flavors of hummus with none of the hassle.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste, available in most supermarkets)
- 2 cans (15 to19 ounces each) garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and 1/3 cup of liquid reserved
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (Juice of 2 to 3 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
What to Do
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth and creamy and no lumps remain, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Serve with pita bread triangles. If your pitas are a bit dry, try brushing them with a bit of olive oil and heating them in a warm oven for 5 minutes just before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a meatloaf that's really moist and packed with flavor! Our Italian-Style Meatloaf is made with a tasty combination of ground beef and ground pork, as well as some chopped eggplant and lots of Italian spices. It's a change-of-pace meatloaf that's perfect for tonight's dinner.