Crispy Sesame Artichokes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You may be serving pasta as the main dish, but when you serve our recipe for Crispy Sesame Artichokes on the side, you're going to have yourself a main attraction. These tender-cooked artichoke hearts are crispy-coated and full of flavor. Plus, they taste even better when dipped into our creamy lemon sauce!
What You'll Need
- CREAMY LEMON SAUCE
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- SESAME ARTICHOKES
- 1/2 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, make Creamy Lemon Sauce by combining all sauce ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, sesame seeds, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper; mix well. Place the eggs in another shallow dish. Dip each artichoke piece in the eggs, then roll in the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Cook artichokes in small batches about 1 minute,or until golden brown, turning to brown on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with Creamy Lemon Sauce..
Love artichokes? Our Artichoke Squares are another fantastic way to enjoy them!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We love it when a recipe is so light and creamy it literally just melts in your mouth. This delicious peanut butter fudge recipe does just that! Seriously, they say everything in moderation, but this sweet treat isn't going to make it easy.