The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Our Best Appetizer Recipes: 32 Easy Pary Appetizers for Any Occasion
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
The mild, nutty flavor of Italian fontina cheese makes this melty fondue a party-pleasing favorite! No matter what go-alongs you choose to pair with it for dipping, it will be the talk of the table!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound fontina cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 (1-pound) loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, combine cheese, half-and-half, butter, and salt over low heat. Cook 6 to 7 minutes, or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Beat egg yolks in a small bowl. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of hot cheese mixture to the beaten egg yolks; mix well. Whisk egg yolk mixture into cheese mixture and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Place in a fondue pot and keep hot over a candle or Sterno (portable cooking fuel in a canister), or place in a heat-proof serving bowl on a warming tray. Serve with bread cubes for dunking.
To make this an even more interesting meal, serve with additional dunkers like chunks of cooked chicken or turkey, and apple or pear slices.
Dec 19, 2015
I have also served this with crisp tender broccoli, cauliflower, and tiny brussell sprouts along with the cubes of bread. It lets you feel a little less guilty while indulging in the cheesy goodness.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Easy Butter Chicken
If you like meals that are bursting with flavor, then you're going to love this Indian-inspired dish. Our Easy Butter Chicken is going to excite your taste buds. Every bite is full of creamy, comforting goodness. This is a great change-of-pace chicken dinner!