We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The mild, nutty flavor of Italian fontina cheese makes this melty fondue a party-pleasing favorite! No matter what go-alongs you choose to pair with it for dipping, it will be the talk of the table!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound fontina cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 (1-pound) loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, combine cheese, half-and-half, butter, and salt over low heat. Cook 6 to 7 minutes, or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Beat egg yolks in a small bowl. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of hot cheese mixture to the beaten egg yolks; mix well. Whisk egg yolk mixture into cheese mixture and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Place in a fondue pot and keep hot over a candle or Sterno (portable cooking fuel in a canister), or place in a heat-proof serving bowl on a warming tray. Serve with bread cubes for dunking.
To make this an even more interesting meal, serve with additional dunkers like chunks of cooked chicken or turkey, and apple or pear slices.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take the stress out of dinnertime by preparing our easy Weeknight Pesto Chicken! This simple chicken dinner recipe is made with some pretty basic ingredients, but packs in a whole lot of flavor. The best part is that it looks like something that took hours to make (We won't tell if you don't!).