Southern Fried Pickles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 20 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Need a downright delicious change-of-pace nibbler? Take your taste buds to some traditional Southern-style cooking and treat everyone to our easy batter-dipped Southern Fried Pickles. Yes, pickles! If you've never tried them, these are a must!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried dillweed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (24-ounce) jar dill pickle spears, chilled
- 3 cups canola oil
What To Do:
In a shallow dish, combine cornmeal, flour, lemon pepper, dillweed, garlic, salt, and ground red pepper; mix well. In another shallow dish, whisk milk and eggs together.
Dip pickles into egg mixture, then place in cornmeal mixture and coat evenly on all sides. Place on wax paper-lined platter.
Chill 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a soup pot, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Carefully add chilled pickles in batches to oil and fry 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towel-lined platter.
Serve with your favorite ranch dressing or make your own by following our easy recipe for a delicious homemade version!
And if you love pickles as much as we do, you'll want to try our recipe for Simple Homemade Pickles.
Wanna find out how Chris MacDonald got into Elvis, his music and what foods the King loved? Watch Howard’s interview with Chris here!
Watch Chris MacDonald serenade Patty and Kelly in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen and get “All Shook Up!”
- If you're looking to get a little Jailhouse Rock in your life, then check out "The Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist," Chris MacDonald. Catch him performing at a theater near you!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We know that some of you like to eat a little lighter during the holidays, so we decided to come up with a new dish that's perfect for Christmas dinner. Our Holiday Stuffed Fish Fillets start with some U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets that are perfectly seasoned, and then stuffed with traditional festive flavors. When you top it with the melted butter and bake it off, you'll have a fresh-tasting Christmas dinner that might just become a new yearly tradition.