Spooky Green Eyes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This kid-friendly egg recipe will help the kids celebrate Halloween in style! It's a treat that "egg-xactly" fits our spooky festivities -- and will make our little green eyed monsters smile!
What You'll Need
- 1 dozen eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1 large or 2 small ripe Haas avocados
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 pimiento-stuffed green olives, sliced
What to Do
- Cut eggs in half crosswise. Remove yolks and place in a medium bowl.
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove pits. Scoop flesh into bowl with egg yolks; add remaining ingredients except olives, and mash with egg chopper or fork until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon avocado mixture into a plastic bag, cut off one corner of bag, and pipe avocado mixture into egg halves, or use a spoon to fill egg halves with avocado mixture.
- Top each filled egg with an olive slice to make an "eye."
Makes 2 dozen.
You can add additional lime juice to taste or substitute the lime juice with 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish or green salsa.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your Thanksgiving leftovers look sort of blah, it's time for a leftover makeover! No worries, we've found a way to turn those Thanksgiving leftovers into a tasty favorite that's way more fun to eat than a plain old turkey sandwich. Our Thanksgiving Leftover Poppers take just 15 minutes, which makes them a good idea if you're in a hurry to go shopping!