Spooky Green Eyes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This kid-friendly egg recipe will help the kids celebrate Halloween in style! It's a treat that "egg-xactly" fits our spooky festivities -- and will make our little green eyed monsters smile!
What You'll Need
- 1 dozen eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1 large or 2 small ripe Haas avocados
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 pimiento-stuffed green olives, sliced
What to Do
- Cut eggs in half crosswise. Remove yolks and place in a medium bowl.
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove pits. Scoop flesh into bowl with egg yolks; add remaining ingredients except olives, and mash with egg chopper or fork until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon avocado mixture into a plastic bag, cut off one corner of bag, and pipe avocado mixture into egg halves, or use a spoon to fill egg halves with avocado mixture.
- Top each filled egg with an olive slice to make an "eye."
Makes 2 dozen.
You can add additional lime juice to taste or substitute the lime juice with 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish or green salsa.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
German Potato Salad isn't creamy like some of the traditional American potato salads you may be used to, but that doesn't mean it isn't as delicious! Our German Potato Salad has a sweet vinegary base and includes tasty ingredients like bacon, onion and fresh parsley.