Date Nut Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Oh, boy! These are a traditional favorite 'cause they're so great for munching.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the dates, nuts, and confectioners' sugar; mix well. Mix in the dates and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 9" x 13" baking dish. Bake for about 35 minutes. Cool, then cut into 3" x 6" bars. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Makes 18 bars.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?