We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
This recipe is a copycat version of a popular candy bar that's full of crispy, peanut buttery goodness. Our Whatdoyoucallem Bars deliver that same combination of ooey-gooey, chocolate, and peanut butter yumminess that you love, in a homemade form!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) package marshmallows
- 6 cups peanut butter crunch cereal
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What to Do
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a soup pot over low heat, melt 1/2 stick butter. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until melted. Remove from heat and stir in cereal; mix until evenly coated. Spoon mixture into baking dish and evenly press down.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt remaining butter. Add condensed milk, corn syrup, vanilla, and brown sugar; cook 5 to 8 minutes, or until thickened and golden in color, stirring constantly. Evenly pour over cereal mixture; set aside 15 minutes.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave 60 to 90 seconds, or until smooth, stirring occasionally. Gently spread over caramel mixture. Let cool 1 hour, or until firm, then cut into bars.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Calories 202
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 5.3g 26 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 1.1g 2 %
- Cholesterol 14mg 5 %
- Sodium 113mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 22g 0 %