Double Chocolate Mint Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've ever dreamt about a mint chocolate sandwich, then we're here to make your wishes come true! Our Double Chocolate Mint Bars starts off with a brownie-like layer of chocolate, that gets topped with a pretty mint cream, before getting a final layer of yummy chocolate chip spread!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 3/4 sticks butter, softened, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (16 ounces) chocolate-flavored syrup
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 3 drops green food color
- 1 cup (1 six-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, 1 stick butter, eggs, and chocolate flavored syrup, and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9" x 13" baking pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, 1 stick softened butter, water, mint extract, and green food color, and beat until smooth. Spread over the cooled crust. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place the remainining 3/4 stick butter and semisweet chocolate chips in a small microwavable bowl and melt on high power in the microwave. Stir with a wooden spoon until blended and smooth.
- Spread over the cooled mint cream layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour, then serve.
- This must be kept refrigerated or the top layers will melt. It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe.
- Love this easy cookie recipe? Be sure to check out the rest of the holiday cookies we've featured in our 2014 Christmas Cookie Countdown!