Peanut Butter Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Peanut butter is a favorite food of kids of all ages, so bake up a batch of these yummy peanut butter bars today. Start with a cake mix, add chunky peanut butter and a couple other ingredients then get ready for the applause!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 (10-ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, peanut butter, and butter; mix well. Press half the mixture onto bottom of an ungreased 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Bake 10 minutes.
Remove peanut butter base from oven, top with peanut butter chips, and drizzle with sweetened condensed milk. Crumble remaining peanut butter mixture then sprinkle over top. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Allow to cool completely then cut into bars.
- For chocolate peanut butter bars, you can substitute chocolate cake mix for the yellow, or chocolate chips for the peanut butter chips.
- Want even more tasty cake mix recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix. Or, go to our collection page, Cake Mix Recipes: 39 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix.
- Not enough peanut butter? Don't worry; we've got plenty more where that came from in our collection of Peanut Butter Recipes: Top 40 Recipes with Peanut Butter.
- The kids are sure to like the other recipes like these Peanut Butter Bars that are featured in our kid-friendly eCookbook, ABC's of Back-to-School: 26 Kid-Friendly Recipes from Mr. Food.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.