Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
If you're looking for a nostalgic strawberry shortcake recipe, our Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars will make you feel like a kid again. The creamy fruit taste is perfect for an outdoor summer picnic, a get-together, or as a romantic dessert. It's a strawberry-licious treat that's sure to impress!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons finely crushed sugar cookies, divided (see Note)
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 cups cookie crumbs and the butter; mix well. Press firmly into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Beat in cream cheese just until it's evenly mixed. With a rubber spatula, gently stir in strawberries. Evenly spread over the crust.
- Top with remaining 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs and refrigerate 4 hours, or until ready to serve.
Before You Start Cooking!
- Keep it simple and pick a box of your favorite store-bought sugar cookies for this recipe!
- Go ahead and add some fresh berries and fresh mint as garnish for an even classier feel to this decadent dessert!
- We have a variety of strawberry shortcake recipes in our Easy Strawberry Desserts collection!
- Our Whipped Cream Dessert Recipes are perfect for cooling off in the summer!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 274
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 55 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.4g 5 %
- Cholesterol 62mg 21 %
- Sodium 165mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 22g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're so crazy about carrots we like to use 'em in everything from soups to desserts. This recipe for Crazy Carrot Pancakes is a bit unexpected, but a lot welcomed, 'cause it's crazy easy, crazy good, and there's not a person who tries 'em who isn't crazy about 'em afterwards!