We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Serve up a plateful of these with some cold milk to remind you and your friends of days gone by.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups raisins
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Blend in the eggs.
- On low speed, beat in the water, then the baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Gradually mix in the flour, one-third at a time. Stir in the raisins.
- Place the batter in a 10'' x 15" jelly roll pan that has been coated with nonstick vegetable cooking spray. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until firm.
- Remove pan to a wire rack to cool. Cut into 40 pieces.
Makes 40 pieces.
Add some variety by adding your own personal favorites...like maybe chopped dates or cherries in place of the raisins.