Peanut Butter Oaties
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You can bet all the kids (yes, the big ones, too!) will be wild for these.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and oats; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat; add the peanut butter and heat, stirring, until smooth.
- In another large bowl, combine the sugars, eggs, and vanilla; add the peanut butter mixture and blend thoroughly. Gradually add the flour mixture, blending well by hand.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from cookie sheets and cool.
Makes about 5 dozen.
If you'd like a little variety, stir in some chopped walnuts and/or raisins after the dough is well blended.