Pucker-Up Lemon Lime Squares
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These aren't your ordinary lemon squares! Our Pucker-Up Lemon Lime Squares are absolutely loaded with lemon and lime flavors. It's a double-whammy dessert bar that's going to delight everyone.
What You'll Need
- 1 3/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 drop green food color
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Line bottom and half way up sides with wax paper.
- In a large bowl, beat 1-3/4 cups flour, the confectioners' sugar, cornstarch, salt, and butter until crumbly. Press mixture into bottom of baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk granulated sugar, eggs, half-and-half, and remaining 3 tablespoons flour until thoroughly combined. Place half the mixture in another large bowl, and whisk in lemon juice and lemon zest. Pour the lemon mixture over the hot crust.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until set. Meanwhile, whisk lime juice, lime zest, and green food color into remaining mixture. Slowly pour lime mixture over lemon layer and bake an additional 10 to 12 minutes, or until set. Let cool.
- Lift from pan and cut into squares. Chill until ready to serve.
For that extra-special touch, sprinkle with extra confectioners' sugar before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!