Turkish Sesame Treats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
An unusual sweet treat that tastes as exotic as it sounds.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup sesame seed
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sesame seed, stirring and cooking until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and continue stirring until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is glossy and leaves the sides of the pan, about 3 minutes. Pat the mixture into a greased 8-inch square baking pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 2-inch squares.
It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?