Turkish Sesame Treats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
An unusual sweet treat that tastes as exotic as it sounds.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup sesame seed
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sesame seed, stirring and cooking until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and continue stirring until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is glossy and leaves the sides of the pan, about 3 minutes. Pat the mixture into a greased 8-inch square baking pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 2-inch squares.
It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was inspired by Elvis, who had a love for all things peanut butter, bananas, and bacon! We may not be able to perform rock 'n' roll like our good friend, Terry Buchwald, but our Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Bake is our way of paying tribute to the King.