Yummy Rummy Raisin Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bet you can't say "Yummy Rummy Raisin Bars in your tummy" three times fast...! Well, these are so good, they'll be gone three times faster than any other cookies, guaranteed!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons rum, divided
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons rum with the raisins and set aside to soak for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 stick butter, the granulated sugar, vanilla, and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in flour and baking powder alternately with the milk, until well mixed. Stir in the soaked raisins, rum and all. Spread batter evenly into baking dish.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. While cooling, in a small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon rum, and confectioners' sugar, and mix until smooth.
- While still warm, top bars with glaze. Let cool and cut into bars.
If you want a really strong rum flavor, soak the raisins for several hours. And you can use either light or gold rum.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!