Applesauce Meat Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ready to shake up your tired old meat loaf? Applesauce and chili sauce give plain ground beef a tangy flavor that's sure to be the change you're looking for.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped, or 1-1/2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients except chili sauce. Place mixture in a greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake 30 minutes; remove meat loaf from oven and spread chili sauce over top. Return it to oven and bake 30 more minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear. Serve hot or cold.
This makes great meatballs, too! Just shape the raw mixture into balls and simmer in your favorite tomato sauce or meat gravy until thoroughly cooked. Serve with pasta, rice or potatoes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Sauerbraten with Ginger Gravy
- Broiled Steak with Spicy Potatoes
- Dad's Meat Loaf
- 25 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes
- All American Skillet Goulash
- Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf
- Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage
- Creamed Chipped Beef
- Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef
- Redneck Chicken-Fried Steak