Skillet Sombrero Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ole! This Skillet Sombrero Pie is so yum that it'll have the fiesta started in no time! Full of corn, tomatoes, cheese, and crunchy corn chips, this pie is finger-lickin', tummy-rubbin' good!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper, celery, and onions, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1-1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) package corn chips
What to Do
- Brown ground round in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain in a colander, discarding drippings.
- Return meat to skillet. Add corn and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cook until cheese melts. Arrange chips around edge. Serve immediately.
No dinner dilemma here! This supper cooks all in one skillet. When it's done, scatter crunchy corn chips around the edge of the beef mixture to form the "brim" of this sombrero pie. If you can't find the canned tomatoes with vegetables, no problem. Just use plain diced tomatoes and throw in 1 tablespoon minced fresh onion!
Want even more "Quick & Easy" dinner recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Fuss-Free Meals: 35 Simple Skillet Recipes and One-Pot Recipes!
- If you like this corn chip recipe, be sure to check out this other one for our Corn Chip Chicken Casserole.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!