Skillet Sombrero Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ole! This Skillet Sombrero Pie is so yum that it'll have the fiesta started in no time! Full of corn, tomatoes, cheese, and crunchy corn chips, this pie is finger-lickin', tummy-rubbin' good!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper, celery, and onions, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1-1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) package corn chips
What to Do
- Brown ground round in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain in a colander, discarding drippings.
- Return meat to skillet. Add corn and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cook until cheese melts. Arrange chips around edge. Serve immediately.
No dinner dilemma here! This supper cooks all in one skillet. When it's done, scatter crunchy corn chips around the edge of the beef mixture to form the "brim" of this sombrero pie. If you can't find the canned tomatoes with vegetables, no problem. Just use plain diced tomatoes and throw in 1 tablespoon minced fresh onion!
Want even more "Quick & Easy" dinner recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Fuss-Free Meals: 35 Simple Skillet Recipes and One-Pot Recipes!
- If you like this corn chip recipe, be sure to check out this other one for our Corn Chip Chicken Casserole.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an all-in-one skillet meal that your family is sure to love! Our All-in-One Sausage Dinner is made with your favorite Italian sausage, along with some veggies, and yummy egg noodles. Everything cooks together in a homemade sour cream sauce for extra-goodness. And it only takes about 30 minutes!