Family Spaghetti and Meatballs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Classic Italian-style Family Spaghetti and Meatballs is sure to be a hit around your table. This favorite Old World recipe takes a few today shortcuts, but is full of home-style flavor.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound spaghetti
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, pepper, Parmesan cheese, oregano, and salt; mix well and form into 12 meatballs.
- In a soup pot, brown meatballs with onion over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Add spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 35 to 40 minutes, or until no pink remains in beef, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over spaghetti.
Go ahead and add some garlic or any other favorite seasonings to the sauce, if you want, or, if you have time, make your own sauce from scratch. It's your family dish.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 788
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22g 34 %
- Saturated Fat 8.1g 41 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 41g 82 %
- Cholesterol 126mg 42 %
- Sodium 1,807mg 75 %
- Total Carbohydrates 102g 34 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.1g 17 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These aren't just your run-of-the-mill doughnuts. Our Old-Fashioned Potato Donuts are unexpectedly addictive! They're made with a delicious combo of mashed potatoes, buttermilk, and other tasty ingredients. They have a dense, cake-like texture to them that makes them extra-yummy. Once you try these easy potato donuts, there's no looking back!