Fiesta Roast Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (1-1/2- to 2-pound) package fully-cooked beef tri-tip roast
- 2 (8- to 8-1/4-ounce each) cans tropical fruit salad in light syrup
- 1 large orange
- 2 to 3 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
What To Do:
- Remove beef tri-tip roast from package; place in microwave-safe dish. Transfer 3 to 4 tablespoons liquid from package to a small saucepan; set aside. Discard any remaining liquid or reserve for another use. Cover the roast and microwave on high 7 to 10 minutes, or until heated through. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Drain fruit salad, reserving 3 tablespoons of the syrup. Cut up any large pieces of fruit; set aside. Grate 1 teaspoon peel from orange; set aside. Cut orange in half. Squeeze juice from 1/2 orange; peel and chop orange sections from remaining half.
- In a medium bowl, combine reserved syrup, orange juice, mustard, orange peel, pepper sauce, salt, and black pepper; whisk until blended, then measure 1/4 cup of the mixture and add it to beef liquid in the saucepan. Add reserved fruit salad, chopped orange, and bell pepper to remaining orange juice mixture in bowl; mix well. Cover and refrigerate. Carve the roast across the grain into thin slices. Bring mixture in saucepan to a boil over high heat; remove from heat. Arrange beef and fruit relish side-by-side on a platter.
- Spoon warm sauce over the beef as desired. Garnish with orange slices, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a big, fluffy, cheesy omelet like the kind you can order at your favorite breakfast restaurant? Here it is! We've stuffed this one with lots of onion, green pepper, and ham to create The World's Best Western Omelet. Once you see how easy it is, you'll be making overstuffed omelets all the time!