Frikadeller (Danish Meatballs)
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 36 meatballs (more if you make them teaspoon-sized)
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
This is an all-time favorite! It's a delicious main dish or a simple party hors d'oeuvre. And we have it on good authority that this is just how they taste in Denmark!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground veal or ground pork
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) butter, melted, plus more for frying
What to Do
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the butter; blend thoroughly. Let stand 15 minutes, to allow the flour to absorb the water.
- Shape meatballs using a tablespoon dipped in the melted butter. (You can use a teaspoon to get cocktail-size meatballs for a party.)
- In a large skillet, heat butter until very hot. Reduce heat to medium and fry meatballs for about 5 minutes per side, until golden brown.