Jazzy Beef Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This isn't your ordinary beef soup! We jazzed this one up, so that it's got a little extra kick to it. Our one-pot recipe for Jazzy Beef Soup will make you feel all nice and cozy from the inside-out.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon beef base
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil and cook beef and onion 6 to 8 minutes or until browned. Add tomatoes, water, garlic, beef base, sugar, red pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Stir in cabbage and bell pepper and cook 15 to 20 more minutes or until beef and cabbage are tender. Stir in lemon juice and serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The best home fries are still the ones made in diners, you know the places that are nicknamed "greasy spoons." There's just something special about the taste of potatoes slung around a sizzling hot grill and mixed with the flavors of eggs and bacon that can't be beat. Wait until you try these - they're a breakfast (or anytime) winner.