New York Strip Steak with Mushrooms
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When we make steak at home, many of us serve it plain because we think those restaurant-style sauces are too difficult. New York Strip Steak is one you can serve anytime because it comes together so easily.
What You'll Need
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound thick-sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoning and browning sauce, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 boneless beef loin strip steaks (about 12 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the flour and mix well. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Stir in the sherry and browning sauce, if desired, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over high heat. Rub each side of the steaks with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and sprinkle with the salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place the steaks in the grill pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until desired doneness.
- Serve the steaks with the mushroom sherry sauce spooned over the top.
- We love the flavor of grilled steaks and a grill pan is a good alternative for getting that same kind of flavor indoors all year 'round, but in warm weather you can use an outdoor grill if you prefer.
- For more tasty mushroom ideas, check out our collection of 28 Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes!