Hillbilly One Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Take your taste buds to the backwoods, country-style way of cooking and rustle up our hearty Hillbilly One Pot. Made from a load of fresh ingredients, this one is down-home special!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 (15.5-ounce) cans black eyed peas, not drained
- 3 potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a soup pot over medium heat, saute ground beef 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
Sopping up this flavorful sauce with some tasty rolls is definitely the way to go here! And we'd like to share some other recipes filled with great down-home flavor, like Hillbilly Baked Beans and Hillbilly Ribs!
- Want even more tasty soups and stews? Check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Sauerbraten with Ginger Gravy
- Broiled Steak with Spicy Potatoes
- Dad's Meat Loaf
- 25 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes
- All American Skillet Goulash
- Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf
- Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage
- Creamed Chipped Beef
- Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef
- Redneck Chicken-Fried Steak