Make Ahead Fajitas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love fajitas but you hate all the prep work that goes into making them, then you're going to enjoy our all-in-one shortcut that'll allow you to have ready-to-go fajitas whenever you want!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 large onions, cut into 8 wedges each
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons dry fajita seasoning
- 10 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add onions and peppers and saute 10 to 12 minutes, or until onions are lightly browned; place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet and add flank steak. Add fajita seasoning and saute 3 to 4 minutes. Return vegetables to skillet and cook 3 to 4 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place 1/3 cup of the mixture into each tortilla and roll up; place seam-side down in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through. Serve fajitas with sour cream and salsa.
Check this out!
- You can make these fajitas ahead of time. Just cover and refrigerate them after filling and rolling, then bake 20 to 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven before serving.
- Love make-ahead meals? Not enough time to make dinner every night of the week? We've got you covered with 10 make-ahead casserole recipes!
- Wanna make your own fresh salsa? Well, we think you'll just love our recipe for Corn 'n' Black Bean Salsa!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 370
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19g 29 %
- Saturated Fat 7.8g 39 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 18g 36 %
- Cholesterol 57mg 19 %
- Sodium 698mg 29 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 10 %
- Sugars 6.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't find any red sauce here! Spaghetti Carbonara is a traditional Italian dish that's made with spaghetti pasta, bacon, and cheese. It's a creamy pasta dish that's kind of addicting. Once you try our easy recipe for spaghetti carbonara, we have a feeling you'll be having it a lot more often.