No-Roast Roast Brisket
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wouldn't it be nice to have that big roasted taste without ever having to turn on your oven? Here's a perfect way to warm your tummy, not your kitchen!
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 (2-1/2- to 3-pound) beef brisket
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and saute onions 4 to 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle seasoning mixture over both sides of brisket and place in skillet; brown 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add tomatoes and water.
- Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer 2-3/4 to 3 hours, or until fork-tender.
- Remove brisket from skillet and cut across grain into 1/4-inch slices; return slices to pan. Cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes then serve with sauce.
This is even better re-warmed in its own juices the day after it's made.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!