No-Roast Roast Brisket
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wouldn't it be nice to have that big roasted taste without ever having to turn on your oven? Here's a perfect way to warm your tummy, not your kitchen!
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 (2-1/2- to 3-pound) beef brisket
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and saute onions 4 to 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle seasoning mixture over both sides of brisket and place in skillet; brown 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add tomatoes and water.
- Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer 2-3/4 to 3 hours, or until fork-tender.
- Remove brisket from skillet and cut across grain into 1/4-inch slices; return slices to pan. Cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes then serve with sauce.
This is even better re-warmed in its own juices the day after it's made.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your momma's deviled egg recipe! We decided to give this recipe a Buffalo-style twist! That's right, we took all the classic flavors and added in some hot wing sauce! Top it off with some bleu cheese crumbles, and you better believe our Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs will have everyone saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"