Pan Seared Flat Iron Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ready for a full-out steak dinner in under 20 minutes? Well, you've got it! Our easy steak recipe for Pan Seared Flat Iron Steak is a quickie but a goodie. All you need are a few easy-to-find seasonings and a skillet, and you've got yourself a steakhouse favorite in almost no time. The best part? You're not going to have to make any reservations or pay outlandish prices just for a nice piece of steak — all you've got to do is spend just a bit of time in your kitchen!
What You'll Need
- 1 (1-pound) flat iron steak (see note)
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
What to Do
- Rub steak evenly with steak seasoning and salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak, and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut diagonally across the grain into thin strips.
The trick to a great crust for this steak is to use a very hot skillet; a large cast-iron or heavy stainless steel skillet works best. Be sure to have your hood fan on high;there will be some smoke. If you can't find flat iron steak in your local grocery store, either a top black chuck or sirloin steak will work just fine.