Steak Sandwiches with Black Bean Salsa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The latest rage in all the restaurants is zippy black beans or salsa served as a topper or go-along. They add such great taste and texture that we've decided to mix the two together in this lively topper for tender slices of flank steak!
What You'll Need
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black beans, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1 pound) beef flank steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 4 pieces and split
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine the black beans, corn, and salsa; mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Season the steak with the salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare, or to desired doneness beyond that. Remove to a cutting board and slice thinly across the grain.
- Layer the steak evenly on the four sandwich bottoms and top with the black bean salsa and the sandwich tops.
Serve with additional salsa on the side, if you'd like. Instead of making sandwiches, I also like to serve this steak and black bean salsa over chopped lettuce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We know that some of you like to eat a little lighter during the holidays, so we decided to come up with a new dish that's perfect for Christmas dinner. Our Holiday Stuffed Fish Fillets start with some U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets that are perfectly seasoned, and then stuffed with traditional festive flavors. When you top it with the melted butter and bake it off, you'll have a fresh-tasting Christmas dinner that might just become a new yearly tradition.