Very Special Beef Bourguignon
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This classic French recipe may have a fancy sounding name, but it's easy to make and it's melt-in-your-mouth delicious. When you're craving a beefy stew full of veggies and herbs, just make our Beef Bourguignon!
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 1/4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup Burgundy or other dry red wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine thyme and pepper. Add beef chunks and toss to coat.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil until hot; add beef and brown 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth, wine, and garlic.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, and onions; cover and continue cooking 30 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine water and flour (this is called a slurry--see, ya learned something new today); gradually stir mixture into stew. Continue cooking, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Dinner just got a whole lot easier!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.