We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This classic French recipe may have a fancy sounding name, but it's easy to make and it's melt-in-your-mouth delicious. When you're craving a beefy stew full of veggies and herbs, just make our Beef Bourguignon!
What You'll Need:
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds lean boneless beef chuck, cut into -inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 1/4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup Burgundy or other dry red wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound small whole fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine thyme and pepper. Add beef chunks and toss to coat.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil; add beef and brown 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth, wine, and garlic.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, and onions; cover and continue cooking 30 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine water and flour; gradually stir mixture into stew.
- Continue cooking, uncovered, about 5 more minutes, or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.