Tangy Short Ribs and Vegetables
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These Tangy Short Ribs and Vegetables are an instant dinner table favorite. Do you know what else we love about them? They're a dinner table favorite as leftovers, too!
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds lean beef short ribs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 baking potatoes, unpeeled and quartered (about 2 pounds)
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can beef broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
What to Do
- Brown ribs in hot oil in a large skillet 5 to 6 minutes on each side; drain.
- Place potatoes, carrot pieces, and onion slices in a 5-quart electric slow cooker, and arrange ribs over vegetables.
- Combine 1 cup broth, the vinegar, and next 5 ingredients; pour mixture over ribs and vegetables. Cover and chill remaining broth.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 3 to 3-1/2 hours; or cook on HIGH setting 1 hour, reduce heat to LOW, and cook 7 more hours or until ribs are tender. Remove ribs and vegetables, reserving liquid in slow cooker. Keep ribs and vegetables warm.
- Combine remaining chilled beef broth and flour, stirring until smooth; stir into reserved liquid in slow cooker. Cook on HIGH setting, uncovered, 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring often. Serve with ribs and vegetables.